ANNOUNCING NEW YORK CITY’S FIRST-EVER HOTEL CRASH PADS
LGA: OPENED FEBRUARY 1, LAGUARDIA AIRPORT MARRIOTT
EWR: OPENING SOON TO BE DETERMINED
*** CLOSEST CRASH PADS TO ALL NYC-AREA AIRPORTS ***
“NYC FLEXI-PAD” FEATURE:
Access to all our NYC Metro Hotel Crash Pads — at LGA, JFK and EWR — as needed
SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY INITIAL ACCESS FEE:
NETWORK MEMBERSHIP FEE: $50 (ONE-TIME FEE, FIRST MONTH ONLY)
SECURITY DEPOSIT: $150 (fully refundable)
TOTAL FIRST MONTH’S FEES:
- LGA: $450
- $250 INTRODUCTORY RATE
- $50 ONE-TIME MEMBERSHIP FEE
- $150 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
- EWR: $450
- $250 INTRODUCTORY RATE
- $50 ONE-TIME MEMBERSHIP FEE
- $150 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
ONGOING MONTHLY RATE OPTIONS (SEE DETAILS):
- “RESERVE” (11 to 18 nights per month): $385
- “LINEHOLDER” (6 to 10 nights per month): $360
- “PART-TIME” (1 to 5 nights per month): $70 per night
- “DROP-IN”: $275 annual fee for up to 10 “drop-in” nights per year; $475 annual fee for up to 15 “drop-in” nights per year
- “RESERVE” (11 to 18 nights per month): $300
- “LINEHOLDER” (6 to 10 nights per month): $275
- “PART-TIME” (1 to 5 nights per month): $50 per night
- “DROP-IN”: $250 annual fee for up to 10 “drop-in” nights per year; $450 annual fee for up to 15 “drop-in” nights per year
“NYC FLEXI-PAD” Option (OPTIONAL ADD-ON FEATURE):
~ $250 additional annual fee for access to pads at two airports (JFK/LGA, LGA/EWR, or EWR/JFK); $500 additional annual fee for access to pads at all three airports (JFK, LGA and EWR)
* By virtue of our Network structure, our clients will have the option of using our other NYC network pads in the event that they have trips or Reserve duty at an airport other than their designated primary crash pad airport. For example if you designate and pay for access to our LGA pad as your primary pad location, but you happen to be assigned to fly a trip or sit Reserve at JFK, you will be allowed to use our JFK pad in lieu of the LGA pad for the trip or Reserve period. The same would go for EWR once we have pads established there. This option will be available for an additional yearly payment of $250 per alternate airport (so an additional annual fee of $250 total for use of pads at two designated airports, or $500 total for use of pads at all three airports).
Thank you for your interest in our NYC-area Hotel Crash Pads. At LGA, we have pads available at the LAGUARDIA AIRPORT MARRIOTT, and for EWR, we look forward to welcoming you a new standard of commuter living in our crash pads at a major-brand airport hotel property to be determined soon. One thing to be aware of is that as part of our network benefits, you will have the ability to use any of our pads at any of the three airports, so you will be covered for any of your trips, whether they originate at JFK, LGA or EWR.
Details of the LGA pads are enclosed below. Please read this description carefully. Our ongoing monthly rates for the pad will be $360 for Lineholder tier access or $385 for Reserve tier access (see further details below).
We will be sharing details of the EWR pad soon, but that pad will work in essentially the same way as the description below for LGA.
Also, if you refer others to us, you will receive our $100 referral incentive payment for each one who signs up with us.
LGA - HOTEL CRASH PAD
LAGUARDIA AIRPORT MARRIOTT HOTEL
- Complimentary airport shuttle service
- Daily housekeeping service
- High-quality Fitness Center
- Business Center
- WiFi access
- Complimentary parking up to 3 days ($10 per day thereafter)
NOTE: THE SERVICES REFERENCED ABOVE ARE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES UNDER NORMAL CONDITIONS. HOWEVER, UNDER CERTAIN COVID-19 MANDATES FROM THE PROPERTY, LOCAL, STATE, OR FEDERAL LEVEL, SOME OF THESE SERVICES (SUCH AS SHUTTLE SERVICE, FOOD OFFERINGS, OR HOUSEKEEPING) MAY AT TIMES BE SUSPENDED, MODIFIED OR OTHERWISE UNAVAILABLE, AND IF SO, THE HOTEL MAY NOT NECESSARILY ADVISE US OF THIS SUSPENSION. WE APOLOGIZE IF NOT ALL OF THESE SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO CONTACT THE HOTEL DIRECTLY TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE CURRENT STATUS OF THEIR VARIOUS SERVICES AND AMENITIES IF YOU WISH.
Our LGA Hotel Crash Pads are housed in traditional guest suites in the LaGuardia Airport Marriott Hotel (https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lgaap-new-york-laguardia-airport-marriott/). Our Marriott pads consist of connecting one-bedroom studio suites, each with its own bathroom. Each bedroom in our Marriott pads features three individual twin beds and one bunk bed, for a total of five sleeping spots and only one top-bunk spot per bedroom. Our Marriott pads feature mini-refrigerators for temporary storage of perishable food items. Transportation to and from the airport is provided by complimentary hotel shuttle service. All other hotel amenities are available to the members of our pads: Daily housekeeping service (beds changed daily), fitness room, business center, crew discounts, etc. Our crash pads are the closest pads to LGA, with transit times of less than five minutes between hotel and airport via hotel shuttle service.
** SPECIAL COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS **
The specific services and amenities offered by the hotel may vary due to evolving hotel policies and/or government ordinances related to the COVID pandemic. We apologize in advance if the absence of a particular amenity that would normally be provided by the hotel creates any inconvenience, but we do not have any input or control over this, and the hotel also does not necessarily advise us ahead of time when they have to suspend or curtail a particular service or amenity. Again, we regret if any of these temporary modifications to the hotel’s services create an inconvenience, but we anticipate that all these items will eventually return to normal once the COVID situation normalizes.
Our Hotel Crash Pads are true commuter pads, meaning that the expectation is that you will bring your belongings with you when you check in, and take them back out with you when you check out, leaving nothing behind in the suite. This is necessary in order to keep the rooms from becoming cluttered and untenable. We will have more people subscribed to the pad than we will have bunks available, making it technically a “hot-bunk” setup of sorts; however, since the suite will feature daily housekeeping service, the beds should always be made up fresh when you arrive, and you should never have to make up the bed you will sleep in for the night (in other words, it will be just like checking into a hotel on a layover, except in a crash-pad type setup, with the potential of other crew members sharing the room with you). Additionally, to address the fact that more people will be signed up for the pad than we will have beds available, our guarantee is that if you ever show up and all the beds in the pad are occupied, the hotel will have standing instructions to place you in another room for the night at our expense. In order for this arrangement to work, however, it is crucial for you to recognize and accept that this is a true commuter pad, designed to accommodate your staying only the nights before and after trips, or for short periods of time (no more than six consecutive days) while on Reserve. It is not designed for, nor will it accommodate, full-time residential occupancy; the bed will not be yours to sleep in for the entire month, nor will you be allowed to keep your personal belongings in the room when you aren’t there. In order to ensure that the pad remains a comfortable and welcoming environment for everyone subscribed to it, there will be limits to the number of nights each member of the pad can stay there: 10 nights per month for Lineholder access, and 18 nights per month for Reserve access. Since the expectation is that Lineholders will only need the pad as a place to stay before and after trips, and Reserves should be utilized to fly at least some of the time when they are on call, these limits should be adequate to provide sufficient accommodations for everyone’s individual needs while also ensuring that the pad does not become overcrowded and lose viability as a short-term lodging option for those who need this option. In other words, this crash pad is intended to be a crash pad, not a full-time residence. While we realize this may be different from some other pads out there, and that there are pads that might allow you to stay continuously, perhaps even for a slightly lesser monthly amount, we also know that those pads aren’t in a top-quality hotel environment like ours and don’t offer the convenience, amenities, or level of service and facilities that ours does, so it’s a trade-off we’re certain you will recognize the value of as you become more familiar with our setup. To see some of the feedback we’ve received from current and past clients in our pads in other cities, please check out our Facebook page at https://m.facebook.com/TheHotelCrashPadNetwork/ and our website at www.HotelCrashPads.com.
We offer four rate tiers for monthly access to the pad:
- ~ The “Reserve” tier (11 to 18 days/nights of access for $385/month)
- ~ The “Lineholder” tier (6 to 10 days/nights of access for $360/month)
- ~ The “Part-Time” tier (1 to 5 days/nights of access for $70 to $350/month)
- NOTE: The Part-Time option is available in limited numbers to anyone who has been a member at the regular Lineholder or Reserve rate for at least one month, and will allow a maximum of one night per month for $70, two nights per month for $140, three nights for $210, four nights for $280, or five nights for $350; this is a popular option if you expect to have mostly commutable trips during the month but also want the option of having one or two early reports or late releases, or would like an inexpensive “insurance policy” in case you happen to miss a commute and get stuck overnight unexpectedly.
- ~ The “Drop-In” tier (a set annual fee for up to 10 or 15 flexible “drop-in” nights per year):
- - $275 per year for up to 10 “drop-ins” per year
- - $475 per year for up to 15 “drop-ins” per year
- NOTE: The Drop-In option is available after at least three months of membership at one of the three normal monthly rates and replaces the monthly rate option
ADDITIONAL ONE-TIME FEES:
- ~ Network Membership fee ($50 one-time fee, charged in first month only)
- NOTE: The Network Membership fee is a one-time only fee and never repeats; this fee makes you a member of our nationwide Network, offering you the ability to transfer seamlessly between pads in different cities and also giving you priority over non-members for access to our pads.
- Security Deposit ($150 charged in first month)
- NOTE: This deposit will be returned to you as long as you provide us with at least 15 days’ notice to vacate the pad and do not violate the rules and policies of the pad.
TOTAL INITIAL FEES DUE: $450
~ $250 INTRO RATE + $50 MEMBERSHIP FEE + $150 DEPOSIT = $450
“NYC FLEXI-PAD” (OPTIONAL ADD-ON FEATURE): $250 additional annual fee for access to pads at two airports; $500 additional annual fee for access to pads at all three airports (JFK, LGA and EWR)
~ NOTE: The initial Access Fee of $250 (plus one-time $50 Network Membership fee and
refundable $150 Deposit) is a reduced flat-rate fee compared to the normal full monthly
access fee amount; this initial fee is always the same regardless of what point in the
month you pay it or at what point in the month you begin access to the crash pad, and
provides you access to the crash pad up to the normal monthly limits for the remainder
of the month from the point at which you begin access. We do not prorate this fee any
further based on partial-month access to the pad, because proration is already
effectively applied to the fee in that it is already a steeply reduced flat-rate fee. After the
initial fee is paid, our system will auto-draft your payment card on file on the 27th of the
month for the following month’s normal Access Fee. EXAMPLE: You pay on October
21st for access to the crash pad beginning on October 22nd; you will be charged $450
(of which $150 is a refundable deposit) on the 21st for access to the crash pad from
October 22nd through he end of October, and on October 27th your card will be auto-
drafted for November access in the amount of either $385 (for Reserve-tier access) or
$360 (for Lineholder-tier access). If you do not agree to be charged the flat initial fee for
partial first-month’s access, you need to set your start date as the first day of the
following month as opposed to part-way through the current month, and find other
accommodations for the portion of the current month you do not wish to pay for. You
are not required to start access immediately and pay for partial-month access, but if
you choose to do so, the initial fee will be charged for the partial-month access and
your card will then be auto-drafted as outlined here, and no refunds of these charges
will be provided. Also please understand that our pads tend to be in very high demand,
so we cannot guarantee that a spot will still be available for you if you choose to delay
your start date to the beginning of the next month. EXCEPTION: If you make your initial
payment on or after the 27th of the month and choose to begin access between the 27th
and the end of the month, your access through the end of the current month will be
rolled in with your access in the following month, and the next auto-draft to your card
on file in our system will occur on the 27th of the next month, for access in the month