- How do I know if there's a spot open in the crashpad? If the product is able to be added to the cart then there is a spot open for purchase.
- How do I get on the waiting list? Go to the product and click on "add to wish list"
- Do I have to send money in order to join the waiting list? No, you are never charged unless there is a spot available to purchase at the pad. You can join the waitlist at any time at no cost, if the spot is available you will be able to add it to the cart.
LAX - HOTEL PENTHOUSE CRASH PAD
SHERATON GATEWAY HOTEL LOS ANGELES - LAX
- Complimentary airport shuttle service
- Daily housekeeping service
- Guest laundry room
- High-quality Fitness Center
- Business Center
- WiFi access
NOTE: THE SERVICES REFERENCED ABOVE ARE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES UNDER NORMAL CONDITIONS. HOWEVER, UNDER CERTAIN COVID-19 MANDATES FROM THE PROPERTY, LOCAL, STATE, OR FEDERAL LEVEL, SOME OF THESE SERVICES (SUCH AS SHUTTLE SERVICE, FOOD OFFERINGS, OR HOUSEKEEPING) MAY AT TIMES BE SUSPENDED, MODIFIED OR OTHERWISE UNAVAILABLE, AND IF SO, THE HOTEL MAY NOT NECESSARILY ADVISE US OF THIS SUSPENSION. WE APOLOGIZE IF NOT ALL OF THESE SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO CONTACT THE HOTEL DIRECTLY TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE CURRENT STATUS OF THEIR VARIOUS SERVICES AND AMENITIES IF YOU WISH.
SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY INITIAL ACCESS FEE: $225
NETWORK MEMBERSHIP FEE: $50 (ONE-TIME FEE, FIRST MONTH ONLY)
PERFORMANCE DEPOSIT: $250 (FULLY REFUNDABLE)
TOTAL INITIAL FEES: $525
- $225 INTRODUCTORY FEE
- $50 ONE-TIME MEMBERSHIP FEE
- $250 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT ($100 KEY DEPOSIT & $150 SECURITY DEPOSIT)
ONGOING RATE OPTIONS AFTER FIRST MONTH (PLEASE READ DETAILS BELOW):
- “RESERVE” ACCESS TIER: $385 per month
- “LINEHOLDER” ACCESS TIER: $360 per month
- “PART-TIME” ACCESS TIER: $70 to $350 per month
- “DROP-IN” ACCESS TIER: $275 or $475 annual fee
Our LAX Hotel Crash Pad is housed in the Penthouse Suite of the Sheraton Gateway Hotel Los Angeles - LAX International Airport (https://www.marriott.com/
hotels/travel/laxsi-sheraton- gateway-los-angeles-hotel/? scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255- 54ba596febe2 ). This Penthouse Suite is a 3-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom, stand-alone apartment on the top-most floor of the hotel, featuring a full kitchen, a separate laundry room with washer and dryer, a spacious living room with picture windows, and an outdoor “Observation Deck” patio area with expansive views of the LAX airport and runways. Each of the three bedrooms contains multiple individual twin beds, with three to eight beds in each bedroom (five in the smallest, six in the medium-sized, and eight in the largest). The entire crash pad is now all-male — non-coed. The living room area features couches, chairs, tables, TV, etc., like any typical hotel living room area. Transportation to and from the airport is provided by a complimentary hotel shuttle that runs on a regular schedule throughout the day. All other hotel amenities are available to the members of our pads: Daily housekeeping service (beds changed daily), guest laundry, fitness room, pool/spa, etc. The hotel is located right across Century Boulevard from the LAX airport, within a few blocks of several major restaurants and other conveniences, in a populous area featuring several hotels and other landmarks. This crash pad is the closest pad to LAX, with transit time of less than five minutes between hotel and airport by way of hotel shuttle (and also easily walkable in just a few minutes time if preferred).
Here are links to two quick video tours of the crash pad:
This pad is a true commuter pad, meaning that the expectation is that you will use it only on the nights before and after trips, or for short periods of time (no more than six consecutive days/nights) while on Reserve. It is not designed for, nor will it accommodate, full-time residential occupancy; the bed will not be yours to sleep in for the entire month. In order to ensure that the pad remains a comfortable and welcoming environment for everyone subscribed to it, there are limits to the number of nights each member of the pad can stay there: 10 nights per month for Lineholder-tier subscribers, and 18 nights per month for Reserve-tier subscribers. Since the expectation is that Lineholders will only need the pad as a place to stay before and after trips, and Reserves should be utilized to fly at least some of the time when they are on call, these limits should be adequate to provide sufficient accommodations for everyone’s individual needs while also ensuring that the pad does not become overcrowded and lose viability as a short-term lodging option for those who need this option. While we realize this is different from some other pads out there, and that there are pads that might allow you to stay continuously, perhaps even for a slightly lesser monthly amount, we also know that those pads don’t provide the convenience, amenities, or level of service and facilities that ours does, so it’s a trade-off we are certain you will recognize the value of as you become more familiar with our setup. We will have more people subscribed to the pad than we will have beds available, making it a “modified hot-bunk” setup; however, since the suite features daily housekeeping service, the beds should always be made up fresh when you arrive, and you should never have to make up the bed you will sleep in for the night. Additionally, to address the fact that more people will be signed up for the pad than we will have beds available, our guarantee is that if you ever show up and all the bunks are occupied, the hotel will have standing instructions to place you in a separate room for the night at our expense. In order for this arrangement to work, however, it is crucial for you to recognize and accept that this is a true commuter pad, designed to accommodate your staying only on the nights before and after trips, or for short periods of time (no more than six consecutive days) while on Reserve. To see some of the feedback we’ve received from current and past clients in our pads in other cities, please check out our Facebook page at https://m.facebook.com/
TheHotelCrashPadNetwork/ and our website at www.HotelCrashPads.com.
SPECIAL NOTE: Based on the space available in this pad, we are able to allow each of our clients to leave one normal roll-aboard sized suitcase in the alcove/office area of the apartment while away from the pad, but in order for this to work for everyone’s mutual benefit we ask that you strictly limit yourself to storing only one suitcase or item of equivalent size in the area, and not leave any belongings in the bedrooms or other areas of the apartment.
** SPECIAL COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS **
The specific services and amenities offered by the hotel may vary due to evolving hotel policies and/or government ordinances related to the COVID pandemic. We apologize in advance if the absence of a particular amenity that would normally be provided by the hotel creates any inconvenience, but we do not have any input or control over this, and the hotel also does not necessarily advise us ahead of time when they have to suspend or curtail a particular service or amenity. Again, we regret if any of these temporary modifications to the hotel’s services create an inconvenience, but we anticipate that all these items will eventually return to normal once the COVID situation normalizes.
We offer four rate tiers for monthly access to the pad:
- The “Reserve” tier (11 to 18 days/nights of access for $385/month)
- The “Lineholder” tier (6 to 10 days/nights of access for $360/month)
- The “Part-Time” tier (1 to 5 days/nights of access for $70 to $350/month)
- NOTE: The Part-Time option is available in limited numbers to anyone who has been a member at the regular Lineholder or Reserve rate for at least one month, and will allow a maximum of one night per month for $70, two nights per month for $140, three nights for $210, four nights for $280, or five nights for $350; this is a popular option if you expect to have mostly commutable trips during the month but also want the option of having one or two early reports or late releases, or would like an inexpensive “insurance policy” in case you happen to miss a commute and get stuck overnight unexpectedly
- The “Drop-In” tier (a set annual fee for up to 10 or 15 flexible “drop-in” nights per year)
- - $275 per year for up to 10 “drop-ins” per year
- - $475 per year for up to 15 “drop-ins” per year
- NOTE: The Drop-In option is only available after at least three months of membership at one of the three normal monthly rates, and replaces the monthly rate option
ADDITIONAL ONE-TIME FEES:
- Network Membership fee ($50 one-time fee, charged in first month only)
- NOTE: The Network Membership fee is a one-time only fee and never repeats; this fee makes you a member of our nationwide Network, offering you the ability to transfer seamlessly between pads in different cities and also giving you priority over non-members for access to our pads.
- Security & Key Deposit ($250 charged in first month)
- NOTE: This deposit is fully refundable as long as you notify us of your intent to vacate the pad no later than the 15th day of your final month of use, and as long as you have not violated our key-return policy at any point during your access, nor violated any of our other pad policies and guidelines as communicated in our Client Guide, your signed Access Agreement, or any other communications from our company
TOTAL INITIAL FEES DUE: $525
~ $225 INTRO FEE + $50 MEMBERSHIP FEE + $250 DEPOSIT = $525
~ NOTE: The initial Access Fee of $225 (plus one-time $50 Network Membership fee and refundable $250 Deposit) is a reduced flat-rate fee compared to the normal full monthly access fee amount; this initial fee is always the same regardless of what point in the month you pay it or at what point in the month you begin access to the crash pad, and provides you access to the crash pad up to the normal monthly limits for the remainder of the month from the point at which you begin access. We do not prorate this fee any further based on partial-month access to the pad, because proration is already effectively applied to the fee in that it is already a steeply reduced flat-rate fee. After the initial fee is paid, our system will auto-draft your payment card on file on the 27th of the month for the following month’s normal Access Fee. EXAMPLE: You pay on October 21st for access to the crash pad beginning on October 22nd; you will be charged $525 (of which $150 is a refundable deposit) on the 21st for access to the crash pad from October 22nd through the end of October, and on October 27th your card will be auto-drafted for your November access in the amount of either $385 (for Reserve-tier access) or $360 (for Lineholder-tier access). If you do not agree to be charged the flat initial fee for partial first-month’s access, you need to set your start date as the first day of the following month as opposed to part-way through the current month, and find other accommodations for the portion of the current month you do not wish to pay for. You are not required to start access immediately and pay for partial-month access, but if you choose to do so, the initial fee will be charged for the partial-month access and your card will then be auto-drafted as outlined here, and no refunds of these charges will be provided. Also please understand that our pads tend to be in very high demand, so we cannot guarantee that a spot will still be available for you if you choose to delay your start date to the beginning of the next month. EXCEPTION: If you make your initial payment on or after the 27th of the month and choose to begin access between the 27th and the end of the month, your access through the end of the current month will be rolled in with your access in the following month, and the next auto-draft to your card on file in our system will occur on the 27th of the next month, for access in the month following.